The Division of Arts and Letters is preparing the next generation of leaders. It is our goal to educate citizens in the broadest possible sense, allowing them to participate in their own governance, be part of a more civil public discourse, promote social justice and engage with the world. A&L prepares students not only for their first job after graduation, but also provides them with the ability to harness their creativity and adapt to future economic, cultural and social changes.
Through the study of American studies, anthropology, art, communications, criminal justice, English, gender and sexuality, global studies, history, independent film and digital imaging, interdisciplinary studies, integrative studies, Latina/o studies, media studies, political science, restorative justice, social sciences, sociology and theater and performance studies, our students leave GSU with an appreciation of the ways our differences and commonalities have shaped our rich history and the ways in which they will impact our future. We partner in the journey of learning through creativity, imagination, innovation and curiosity among lifelong scholars in their pursuits to better themselves and the world.
- Art, Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Anthropology and Sociology, Bachelor of Arts
- Communication, Bachelor of Arts
- Criminal Justice, Bachelor of Arts
- English, Bachelor of Arts
- English Teacher Education, Bachelor of Arts
- Gender and Sexuality Studies, Bachelor of Art
- History, Bachelor of Arts
- Interdisciplinary Studies, Bachelor of Arts
- Media Studies, Bachelor of Arts
- Political Science, Bachelor of Arts
- Social Sciences Teacher Education, Bachelor of Arts
- Theatre and Performance Studies, Bachelor of Arts
Graduate Students Only