Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
The Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness (IRE) at Governors State University supports administrative planning and decision-making by providing accurate and timely data in high-quality reports; administering institutional, local, national, and international surveys; and creating, conducting, and planning institutional self-studies that support the mission and goals of Governors State University.
The Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness is a university leader in advancing Governors State University’s mission and vision through a variety of functions:
- Data Management and Analytics: Coordinates the day-to day administration of university data by utilizing reporting and analytic tools to best prepare and report data for data-informed and data-driven decision-making across campus.
- External Reporting: Functions as the source for all-inclusive, accurate, and meaningful information in response to requests from external stakeholders including federal and state agencies, legislators, external accrediting bodies, and the public through surveys and studies.
- Institutional Surveys: Manages dissemination of campus-wide surveys to alumni, employees, faculty and students as well as participation in national benchmark surveys.
- Conducting Campus Research and Crafting Reports: Leads creation and implementation of institutional self-studies in quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-method formats to inform and support university planning and decision-making.
For all data requests, please complete and submit a data request ticket. Submit a ticket
Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness Staff
- Dr. Robert Stanley, Executive Director
- Erin Glim, Senior Analyst
- Jessica Haynes, Research Analyst
- Chanel Kennedy-Bertrand, Programmer Analyst
- Christy Burkhardt, Research & Budget Analyst
The staff in the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Governors State University on College Navigator
College Navigator is a resource of the National Center for Education Statistics which provides detailed information on colleges and universities across the United States. Available information includes: Enrollments, admissions, tuition and fees, financial aid, programs, net price and accreditation. Please note that the College Navigator provides information for the previous academic year.
Fall 2023 Fast Facts
The University Fast Facts provides a quick view of the university enrollment statistics.
Profile of Academic Majors Fall 2023
The Profiles of Academic Majors (PAM) provides a ten-year longitudinal view of fall enrollment and demographic statistics with summaries provided at the university, school and program level.
Common Data Set 2022-2023
The Common Data Set (CDS) is a resource of university information commonly collected by higher education publishers and other organizations.
HLC Training Video for Spring 2024