Office of the Provost
Dr. Beverly Schneller
Office Staff - Room G351
The Office of the Provost is responsible
for the Academic Affairs Unit of the university. It provides leadership for
academic programs and scholarship, assuring quality, accessibility, and
cultural diversity in support of our mission, core values, and Strategy 2025.
The university recently hosted a welcome reception for our new provost, Dr. Beverly Schneller.
Read more about it at http://gsunews.homeminimalist.net/gsu-hosts-reception-for-new-provost/.
HLC Training Video for Spring 2024
Academic Affairs is committed to designing, offering and assessing an exceptional and learning-centered educational experience which imbues students with the knowledge and skills that fosters confidence to succeed in an interdependent and technology-driven world.
Academic Core Values
- Academic excellence and continuous improvement
- Engaged teaching and active learning
- Commitment to scholarship
- Commitment to service
Academic Affairs aspires to be a dynamic leader in enhancing educational, cultural, and economic resources regionally, nationally, and globally. It will be:
- a nationally recognized for distinctive achievements in teaching, scholarship and service.
- a recognized leader in advancing active learning practices and instructional techniques.
- a leader in assessment and evidence-based decision making.
- a recognized
leader in our professional and clinical practice doctoral programs; and the university of choice for transfer and graduate applicants.
- Academic Master Plan
- Committee on Assessment of Student Learning Outcome
- Deans' and Provost's Council
- General Education Task Force
- Lower Division Task Force
- University Global Affairs Committee